"Bogucharovo" — family estate of A. Homjakova.
In the biography of Homjakov, Tula period of his life and work was at the forefront.
This period is closely related to the family estate in the village of Bogucharovo.
The ensemble of the estate "Bogucharovo", except Memorial interest,
has an architectural and artistic value, which has interesting monuments of
XVIII—XIX centuries and original, well-designed landscape park of XIX century.
The architectural complex of the estate "Bogucharovo" perfectly blended
into the natural landscape and supplemented by artificially created park ensemble.
The first mention of the town Bogucharovo found in the "Abandoned book
of 1664", which was kept as a genuine historical document passed down for
centuries and is inherited by Homjakov family. It states that from September
13, 1664, "Heath Bogucharovo" becomes a generic owning landlords Homjakova.
After the October events in the ancestral home of A.S. Homjakov, the museum
was created. Bogucharovsky museum belonged to the museums of a special kind,
which has long existed in the West and appeared in Russia after the October
Revolution. It is a museum of the homestead of life, covering a period from
the XVIII century to the 60's of the XIX century.
As a consumer museum, Bogucharovsky museum closely associated with the place
of its location in the province, as taken out the items in a different environment
will lose its value. Museum can not be divorced from Bogucharovo because Bogucharovo
is the cradle of important historical currents of Russian thought — slavophilism.
Until 1815 Homjakov's family lived in Moscow, and in the summer went to Bogucharovo.
So childhood of future writer's is closely linked to Tula region.
After his death in 1860, the estate goes to his eldest son, Dmitri, who owned
it until 1917. At the last owner of the estate are deployed large con-struction
work: two wings are attached to the old manor house, new calf shed, updated
and expanded greenhouses, built a house for the manager, and in 1894 built the
bell tower, for which had been invited architects P.V. Zhukovsky, N.V. Sultanov.
Today the ensemble of the homestead is the memorial complex of buildings that
witnessed the life and work of Homjakov: manor house with outhouses, fireplace
room with beautiful moldings, Church of the Presentation of the Lord, designed
by A.S. Homjakov and built by talented serf architect Sergei Alexandrov, bell
tower, the only one in Russia reduced copy of Cam-panella at the Cathedral of
St. Mark's in Venice, the manager house, regular and landscape parks, a system
of three ponds and a cemetery located in the northwestern part of the estate,
which preserved gravestones, the earliest of which date back to 1860.
By the presidential decree of 20.02.1995, No 176 homestead "Bogucharovo"
has been included in the list of objects of historical and cultural heri-tage
of federal importance.
Manor "Bogucharovo" is not only one of the jewels of the cultural
heritage of the Tula region, but the example of Russian provincial manor house,
which few in the Tula region and in Russia.
House-museum of V.V. Veresaeva is the only museum of Russian writer. The exhibition,
placed in a museum dedicated to the life and work of the writer from 1867 to
1945. The heart of the exhibition — personal things of V.V. Veresaeva, his works,
photographs, portraits, unique books with autographs, passed under the will
of the writer as a gift to the Tula regional museum.
House-museum of V.V. Veresaeva is the only literary museum in Tula. Museum
organizes literary and musical evenings, meetings with Tula writers. The museum
continues to live and work, always throwing open the doors to welcome those
who want to touch the culture and history of the Tula region.