Tourism in Nizhny Novgorod
Great Volga city
Time to visit to one of the museums. Lunch at a cafe. Lodging either in Nizhny
Novgorod or in Bogorodsk. Bogorodsk: a visit to the Modern Ceramics Museum and
Local History Museum. Transportation to Vorsma. In Vorsma: a visit to the Monastery
on Vorsma Lake and the knife production plant "Saro". Transportation
to Pavlovo: a visit to the Local History Museum. Lodging at a hotel or return
to Nizhny Novgorod.
Transportation to Vyksa. In Vyksa: a visit to the Batashevy mansion, a chain
of lakes and the city park. Optional: a visit to the Monastery of Iviron. Lunch
at a cafe. Transportation to Kazakovo, a visit to the "Kazakov Filigree"
factory, transportation to Arefino, a visit to the local cathedral. Return to
"The Centers of Pottery Art and Metalwork"
N.Novgorod: a sightseeing tour, a walking tour along the pedestrian Bolshaya
Pokrovskaya Street with a visit to one of the museums. Lunch at a cafe. Lodging
either in Nizhny Novgorod or in Lyskovo.
Lyskovo: a visit to the Local History Museum, the Gruzinsky mansion,
the Transfiguration Cathedral. Crossing the Volga River, a visit to the Makaryev
Monastery. Optional: a visit to an ostrich farm, the Fominy museum. Lunch at
a recreational center. Return to N.Novgorod.
The Makaryev Monastery of the Holy Trinity on the Volga River
A tour around the 17th century complex, an introduction to its history. Duration:
- Itinerary 3-UZK N.Novgorod - Vorsma -N.Novgorod. "The Art of Metalwork"
- Itinerary 4-UZK N.Novgorod -Pavlovo - Vyksa -N.Novgorod. "In Their
Hands, the Metal Obeys"
- Itinerary^ 5-UZK N.Novgorod -Pavlovo -N.Novgorod. "The Metalworking
- Itinerary 6-UZK N.Novgorod -Vyksa - N.Novgorod. "Vyksa - "The
Town of Iron Castings"
- Itinerary 7-UZK N.Novgorod - Vorsma - Oranki -Pavlovo - N.Novgorod. "The
Vyksa - the Iviron Icon of Our Lady Heals the Body and the Soul
- The Monastery of Iviron, the Nativity Church, John the Apostle's Church.
Duration: 13 hours Cost: starting at 650 rub.
- Oranki - Lukino - Sartakovo
- Oranki, Lukino, Sartakovo
- The Oranky Monastery of Our Lady, famous for the miracle-working icon of
Our Lady of Oranky, St Vladimir Church, the sacred spring "Prince Vladimir".
Duration: 10 hours Cost: starting at 600 rub.
Itinerary 1-VK (2 days/1 night) N.Novgorod - Kstovo - Lyskovo N.Novgorod *
Makaryevo. "The Incredible Is Close" The history of the Makaryev
Monastery and Makaryev Fair. A visit to an ostrich farm. Sample dishes made
of ostrich meat and eggs.
Duration: 8 hours
Cost: starting at 1,800 rub
Kerzhentes Nature Reserve
A guided tour around the forest. Getting to know the unique nature of the Kerzhenets
area. After a visit to the eco-center and a weather station you'll learn a lot
about the reserve's history and its curren tlife. Duration: 9 hours
Cost (adults/children): starting at 630/600 rub
- N.Novgorod - Peshelan - N.Novgorod (The Mining, Geology and Speleology
Museum, a zoo, "Afanasy" exhibition center, lunch at the "Afonya"
- N.Novgorod - Ichalky Forest - N.Novgorod (a visit to the epibiotic pine
forest and the Local History Museum in Perevoz)
- N.Novgorod - Natural Park "Voskeresenskoye Povetluzhye" - N.Novgorod
(a visit to Svetloyar Lake. Optional: the Local History Museum in Voskresenskoye,
the museum of Epochs in Rusenikha, Wood Production Museum in B.Otary)
- N.Novgorod - Pustyn Lakes - Chernukha -N.Novgorod